The ECOC Exhibition is the largest optical communications exhibition in Europe and the key meeting place for decision-makers from across the fibre optic communications technology industry. Exhibiting at an event such as ECOC is a great way to help you build business relationships, generate new leads and promote your business to an international audience.
Follow our tips to make the most of your stand at ECOC 2019.
- Do your research– take a look at our 2018 statistics and check that the ECOC audience is right for your business, you can find out demographic information about the delegates including their industry and job title, as well as where they are travelling from.
- Get your stand location right – it’s important to secure the best location that is suitable for your stand – close to Market Focus or the exhibition coffee areas, near to the entrance or main walkways. Our sales manager Glenn Dixon can help advise on the best available location.
- Make sure your stand looks the part– with over 300 exhibiting companies also exhibiting at ECOC 2019 its important to design a stand that is eye-catching and professional. We have a number of official stand designers and builders that can help you create the stand you want, including Modex, Mulini, Triple E Events and GES – find out more on our Contractors for Services list.
- Look out for marketing opportunities– alongside exhibiting at the event in September, we offer a range of other opportunities to raise awareness that you will be attending. From web banners and logos you can use across your website and emails, to sharing company or product information in our monthly visitor newsletter, we can also provide you with a personalised html email invitation to share with your customers FInd out more on our Marketing and Promotion section. Don’t forget to update your company profile on the A-Z Exhibitor directory – one of the most visited pages of the website in the lead up to the exhibition. Take advantage of social media and tag @ecoc_exhibition or #ecocexhibition in your posts and we will re-share them.
- Build your database– Exhibitions are a great way to source valuable new leads. Collecting business cards can be effective and running competitions or give-aways in exchange for contact details can work well. We also offer the opportunity to rent an electronic scanner to collect visitor contact details straight from their exhibition badge. Make sure to check the rules around data protection and the new GDPR ruling that came into force in May 2018.
- Network– Make full use of your time on your stand and at the exhibition, introduce yourself and speak to potential customers, but also suppliers and competitors. This can be a valuable source of market research. Take time to visit the Market Focus theatre and catch up with the latest industry developments and future trends.