What's on at ECOC Exhibition 2017
The 2017 event is set to be bigger and better than ever, with the popular feature areas Market Focus, FTTx Centre and CTTS Training making a return. Further details about our feature areas will be released in the coming weeks.
"Market focus sessions were very informative and on the edge .... the best attended part of the show in my eyes and one that got a lot of discussion afterwards"
(Exhibition Visitor, 2015)
Market Focus in 2017
We are looking forward to continuing the success of Market Focus in 2017 and we will be announcing details of our Call for Speakers in April. We are delighted to welcome back the industry experts who make up the ECOC Advisory Committee. Find out more on our Market Focus page.
Watch highlights from Market Focus 2016 - coming soon
The ECOC Market Focus has grown to become one of the focal points of the show and a popular platform to gain industry knowledge and insight into the latest technologies available.
In 2016 Market Focus was once again extrememly popular with both visitors and exhibitors, will many sessions packed out. With presentations from leading companies including Ovum, BT, Facebook, Lumnetum, Cignal AI, Intel, Huawei, Nokia and Deutsche Telekom.
Catch up on some of the outstanding presentations and watch our Market Focus video and see what you missed this year.
Some of the presentations from Market Focus 2016 are available to download from the Market Focus pages.
Expanding on the CTTS popular feature held at ECOC over the past ten years the FTTx Centre will this year again incorporate live interactive demonstrations including fibre optic network delivery methods and OSP and ISP for FTTx vendor independent products.
The centre will also include an 'FTTx village' with eleven zones looking at different areas of fibre deployments. The FTTx zones are:
1. Central Office Zone
2. FTTH Zone
3. Outside Plant Zone
4. Inside Plant Zone
5. FTTX Literature Library
6. Connectivity Zone
7. Fusion Splicing Zone
8. New Product Zone
9. Test and Measurement Zone
10. Connectorization Zone
11. Cable Preparation Tooling Zone
Technical experts from CTTS (Cable Telecommunications Training Services) will be on hand to provide tours of the centre, answer questions and run demonstrations of the products featured. They will also conduct cutting edge, live engineering demonstrations.
Once again, within the Exhibition Hall, CTTS will be running free training sessions covering insight into key techniques including:
- ?Modern fusion splicing techniques using hand held fusion splicers - learn the fundamentals and make comparisons of the operation of these new machines.
- Passive Optical Network testing using PON optimised OTDRs - discover how to test these demanding networks, how to configure the test equipment, understand the various stages of testing and test points.
- Passive Optical Network Testing using Bidirectional Smart Testers - find out how to use Bidirectional Smart Testers for PON testing.
- Fibre Optic Testing workshop covering acceptance to commissioning testing - learn the basics of fibre optic cable acceptance, post installation testing and the commissioning of optical fibres at operational wavelengths.
CTTS is the first choice training provider for many system operators throughout Europe with a broad portfolio of fibre optic installation, maintenance, design and engineering courses. CTTS brings a wealth of experience to the show, providing informative training and demonstration sessions for ECOC exhibitors, delegates and visitors.
ECOC Exhibition Blog
Keep up to date with the latest news and developments from the ECOC Exhibition, hear what we are up to and be the first to know when new details are released about the 2016 show.